Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year!

I am in a PC bang in Mokpo. The 5-hour bus ride down started in Seoul, where there is now no snow, passed through a region where there is still a few inches of snow on the ground, and then finished in Mokpo, where there is only a little bit of snow. Odd. The TV on board the bus showed several programs, including an episode of Doctor Who dubbed in Korean (the first sign I've ever seen that Doctor Who has made any inroads into Korea).

I'll upload some photos when I get back to Seoul, but I've spent this day hiking up the mountain that dominated Mokpo (with some spectacular views from the top) and walking along the seaside. It's not really open sea, since I look out to sea and I see islands rather than the far-off horizon, but it's salt water. And it's only the second time I've seen the sea in Korea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!