Saturday, November 11, 2006

Peppero Day

Today is November 11 - 11/11 - Peppero Day. Peppero is candy sold in long thin stick form, and if you write out 11 - 11 you get four sticks - November 11 - Peppero Day - get it? It's a pretty transparent marketing gimmick, but places that sell Peppero have really gone all-out promoting it, and most convenience stores have big displays set up where they have all kinds of specialty Peppero laid out for people to buy and give as gifts. The last Peppero Day I was in Korea I worked at a kids' English school, and I recieved a staggering amount of Peppero from the children. I'm not expecting to get much this year, but maybe I'm better off that way, health-wise. Whoever the marketing genius was who thought up Peppero Day, I hope he was handsomely rewarded.

No comments: