Thursday, May 03, 2007

Back to Korea?

Even though I generally like Korea, like Korean food and want to return there to get my knowledge of the Korean language to something approaching acceptable, I am quite certain I am not working for a language school there again.

The recent troubles of the guy behind the Zenkimchi blog make me think that working for a typical language school in Korea at this point is a big gamble. (ZenKimchi's site doesn't seem to have much on the specifics now, but read Metropolitician's take on it.) I never had any problems working in Korea, and all the horror stories I heard involved people I didn't know, but I think it was a matter of luck that I ended up working for a decent place. Twice.

So I'm thinking that if/when I return to Korea it will be as a student.

No comments: